How are Mission Experiences priced?
The costs listed below include everything necessary for your trip except transportation/fuel, optional site-seeing and spending money. You will be working with our church and we don’t expect you to participate in the offering time during the Sunday Gathering. If you are coming and sleeping in the church fellowship and office areas, we have included in the price of your mission trip an amount that will cover the church’s expenses during your week. If you are staying in a hotel, there is a lesser amount included in your trip cost for the use of the church facilities.
Building materials, paint, etc. have been calculated and are included in your trip price. The only items not included in these prices are VBS materials/craft supplies or other items of this sort. Most churches that do a VBS use the same materials that are used in their own churches VBS.
You’ll notice that the prices we list are a little odd. We are trying to keep your expenses as low as possible and still make it work for you. We’ve calculated specific amounts, based on experience, that work for daily meal costs, materials cost, etc. Rather than round the final numbers up to make them look more appealing, we’ve simply left them exactly as they calculate out.
Home Repair and Improvement Experiences have a built in amount for the project(s) you’ll be working on. If we don’t use the full amount, you can decide what to do with the remaining amount.
Our preferred schedule for your time here is Tuesday through Sunday, with your day of arrival being Tuesday and the final day of your trip being on Sunday. It allows you to pour yourselves into the local Navajo’s lives through the week and build to involving them in a Sunday service and final meal together before you leave.
If those days absolutely don’t work for your group, we’ll try our best to work with you.
My number is at the bottom of this page if you have further questions, would like to create a “combo” Mission Experience or if you have a unique idea that you think might work well with our church. Don’t be shy. Give me a call
- Outreach/Engagement Experiences
- Outreach/Engagement experience sleeping on church floor – $426
- Outreach/Engagement experiences in hotel. 4 to a room – $536
- Ministry expenses are factored into the food cost associated with this type of ministry. Food will be shared with local people at both lunch and supper and this higher number is reflected in the trip costs.
- Home Repair and Improvement Experiences
- Average size project sleeping on church floor – $460
- Average size project in Hotel. 4 to a room – $570
- Average size projects include handicap ramp building, home painting, porch construction or repair, solar light installations and outhouse building and pitting. The average size mission trip prices include $60/person for project materials. A group of 25 people will have raised $1500 for project materials. All funds will be strictly accounted for and any unused project funds will be dispersed or refunded per your team’s wishes.
- Large size project sleeping on church floor – $580
- Large size project in Hotel. 4 to a room – $690
- Large building projects are typically roofing, siding or shed building projects. The average size mission trip prices include $180/person for project materials. A group of 25 people will have raised $4500 for project materials. All funds will be strictly accounted for and any unused project funds will be dispersed or refunded per your team’s wishes.
- Service Experiences
- Service experience sleeping on church floor – $390
- Service experiences in hotel. 4 to a room – $500
- No materials/service costs are included in Service Experiences. Groups are responsible to bring/purchase any needed materials such as VBS materials, Sport camp items, etc. that will be needed for your project. Items needed can be shipped to Chinle prior to team travel.
- Since we don’t want to schedule back to back to back VBS programs, VBS weeks will be limited. Other Service Experiences will still be available once the VBS weeks are gone.
- Traveling Expenses
- Traveling expenses are not included in any of these prices. Getting to Chinle and back and transportation while you are here is an additional expense. If you are arriving by bus, we do have two 12 passenger vans to help you get around.
When you go to Book Your Trip, you will see that each date has a scheduling fee of $500. That is not an additional fee and is part of your groups total Trip cost. It will be deducted from your groups total trip cost once you know for certain how many people will be joining your team. This scheduling fee, while not an additional fee, is non-refundable.
Our Mission Experiences are led by Pastor Greg and his wife, Sapphira. Those who cook meals for you, video your trip and lead the various aspects of your time with us are church members or local Navajos we are ministering to. The cost of your trip pays for expenses and enables Pastor Greg to do prep and follow-up work with the Navajo people you will get to know.
Ready to schedule your mission experience? Still have money questions? 928 313-0276 – Pastor Greg’s personal number.